|Past Afternoon Projects|
In the afternoons in-house members teach a wide variety of projects in various techniques and at all skill levels. At the same time, focus groups meet to enable the more advanced stitchers to expand their knowledge and ability in their choice of traditional and modern techniques.
Past Afternoon Programmes are shown here.
02-03; 03-04; 04-05; 05-06; 06-07; 07-08; 11-12; 12-13; 13-14; 14-15; 15-16; 16-17; 17-18; 18-19; 19-20
2002-03 (year 1)
2003-04 (year 2)
2004-05 (year 3)
2005-06 (year 4)
2006-07 (year 5)
2007-08 (year 6)
Embellished / Embroidered Bag
EAC Stumpwork Correspondence Course 2003-04
Programme for 2011-12:
- Bullion Knots - Linda Burke
- Silk Fusion - Beth Abbott
- Pat Caffery afternoon class project entitled "Wonder of the Deep"
- Theresa Lawrence: co-ordinator of embroidery techniques using Royal School of Needlework book
- Mary Lou Wilson: Blackwork workshop
- Free stitching table
Programme for 2012-13:
- Mountmellick - Linda Burke - a form of Irish white work originally with predominately floral designs.
- Magic Carpet - Pat Caffery - Canvas Work in which participants will chose one of the two patterns Pat has designed. This project will be spread over two sessions: Fall 2012 and Spring 2013.
- Stumpwork - Elizabeth Vandenberg (co-ordinator) - This study group will work on a project entitled "Essence of August", published in "Embroidery Canada", Summer 2011.
- Hapsburg Lace Sampler - designed by Tanja Berlin. This is a study group
- Sashiko Sampler - based on a book - another study group with no formal teaching. Check out these sites on sashiko embroidery:
- Magic Carpet - Pat Caffery - second session of this extensive Canvas Work project leading to finishing.
- Finishing Techniques - Mary Lou Wilson - will teach members how to frame projects, do mitred corners, hem, etc.
- Blackwork - Based on the book, "Royal School of Needlework Techniques" - This is a study group which will be co-ordinated by Theresa Lawrence.
Programme for 2013-14:
Programme for 2014-15:
Programme for 2015-16:
Programme for 2016-17:
Programme for 2017-18:
Programme for 2018-19:
Programme for 2019-20:
Member of the "Embroiderers’ Association of Canada"Last modified by dhh:Sept 16, 2020