Cataraqui Guild of Needle Arts
The Cataraqui Guild of Needle Arts (CGNA) is a Kingston and area teaching guild which explores art with a needle, experimenting with old and new techniques learning with each other and invited instructors. Formed in 2002 as a non-profit group, membership has steadily grown to its current level with members coming from a diverse mix of backgrounds and skill levels.
2023 Fall Meeting Dates : Nov 14, 28; Dec12
2024 Winter/Spring Dates: Jan 9, 23; Feb 13, 27; Mar 12, 26; Apr 9, 23; May 14, 28; Jun 11, 25 (Note if the weather is bad, we will Zoom. Watch your email.) We meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays; at St John's Anglican Portsmouth Church Hall, 41 Church St, Kingston;9am to 3:30pm with MASKING OPTIONAL.
Available now: "2023 Fall Newsletter"
Needle Arts Fair 2023 - We are taking a break. There will be NO 2023 Fair. Watch this page for our 2024 Needle Arts Fair.
To contact us, email CGNA at quiltskingston.org but change the " at " to the usual "@". I have written the email in this manner so we won't get a lot of junk emails.
Needle Arts Fair 2022
The Cataraqui Guild of Needle Arts:
- meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month, September to June, from 9:30am to 3:00pm at St John's Anglican Church Portsmouth, 41 Church St, Kingston, ON
- has summer stitch-ins arranged by members for July and August
- has a quarterly newsletter
- has two-day workshops twice a year
- has a lending library of books
- has an annual membership fee of $80 which includes a $50 fee for membership in the national organization, the Embroiderers' Association of Canada (EAC).
- the national newsletter "Embroidery Canada" published quarterly
- opportunity to enroll in the annual national seminar held in a different province each year at which intensive 2 and 4 day courses are taught by top teachers in their field.
- opportunity to take correspondence or online courses either as an individual or as part of a group within the guild.